Through your Mint account, we’ll tell you your TransUnion 3.0 VantageScore® credit score and ways to improve it. At this time, this feature is only available to U.S. users.
Select your Mint experience below for instructions on how to get your credit score for the first time.
After you’ve received your initial score, you can view it anytime by tapping Credit score in the top left corner of the app or selecting Credit Score from the side menu at mint.com.
Here are a few facts about accessing your credit score through Mint:
- Checking your score does not affect your credit rating
- Checking your score in Mint is free
- You’ll need to provide your Social Security number to access your credit score
- Your credit score is automatically updated in Mint every seven days
- All scores are as up-to-date as possible based on your financial situation at the time of inquiry
- All scores are industry-rated as provided through TransUnion
- All information is strictly confidential and secure
Why is this score different from other sites I’ve checked?
Mint shows you your TransUnion Vantage 3.0 credit score. There are three major credit reporting agencies, each with their own unique scores, and TransUnion is one of them.
You're also entitled to a free credit report every year that includes info from each of the three reporting agencies at annualcreditreport.
What if something doesn’t look right?
If you think there are errors in your credit report, contact TransUnion directly.